Saturday, July 9, 2016

Update your Wardrobe for ONLY $1

I fell in love with thrift shopping three years ago. And since then, Goodwill has become my favorite place to look for vintage and trendy new outfits. While many people are disgusted at the thought of thrift shopping, they immediately grow curious at how a broke college student like me is able to find so many cute outfits at such low prices. How?

Dollar Thursdays at Goodwill
Basically, Goodwill has a "color of the week" every Thursday. Find an outfit with the corresponding color tag, and that item is automatically one dollar only! It takes patience and luck to find items with the corresponding color, but it's completely worth it if you do. Now I know, it will probably take quite awhile to find an outfit with the corresponding color. In fact, it sometimes takes me three hours if I have the patience to look through everything- from home goods, to dresses, to shorts, to skirts, to tanks, etc. But at the end of the day, the patience is completely worth it (in my opinion) because of the cheap cost. Even if you don't find what you want in a corresponding color, I guarantee you'll at least find a beautiful second-hand clothing. Either way, it's a win-win situation. 


^ Literally. Couldn't have said it any better Macklemore LOL

Last Thursday, I went to a nearby Goodwill in Santa Monica to scout out what clothing they had with the blue tag since blue was the color of the week. My total purchase came out to $2 and I walked out with two new outfits. Hope you enjoy this mini-clothing haul !

Outfit #1

Outfit #2: 

Jumpsuit: Target
Dress: Forever 21
Both Purchased at Goodwill

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome thrift! I wish I have such store in my country.

    Looking for Dawn - http://www.lookingfordawn.com

    ReplyDelete