Sunday, July 31, 2016

Top 5 Must-Have Beach Essentials

Yes, I know. I'm really late when it comes to writing summer posts. BUT, because I live in Southern California, it is HOT all year round. Meaning, it's basically summer all year so it's always perfect beach weather. Today, I've decided to dedicate this post to my favorite beach essentials. I hope you find them useful and I would love to know below in the comments which one you like better.

1.) Portable Bluetooth Speaker:
What I love about this bluetooth speaker is that it has 2 inch full-range driver units and 2 passive bass radiator which basically means it has a nice surround sound effect. It also has 2 rechargeable batteries that lasts for around 5 hours and high quality 360 degrees omnidirectional sound. However, my favorite part about this speaker is that it also doubles as a portable phone charger. This makes it perfect for going to the beach with friends because our phones always seem to die halfway through- making us miss out on those perfect sunset selfies. BUT, this bluetooth speaker not only plays music but works to charge our phones. I used to think the design wasn't that nice, but the simple, sleek grey color is beginning to grow on me. Honestly, this picture makes it seem so TUMBLR-worthy. But overall, I'm honestly absolutely in love with this speaker and will be taking this treasured gem with me wherever I go.



2.) Canvas Bag:
I think everyone needs a SASSY bag in their life, and that's why I decided upon this one from alphabetbags.com. I love the bright turquoise font on this bag and I love how it's a canvas bag which makes it absolutely perfect for the beach. I mainly fell in love with this bag because of the phrase "I got 99 problems but a BEACH ain't one". **Fun fact- I had actually won 1st place when I competed in Impromptu Speaking because I used this joke.**


 3.) 2-in-1 USB Charger:
At the beach, our phones always seems to somehow run out of battery. And unfortunately, most of our chargers only work for either Android or Iphones. However, what I love about this cord is that it works for both types of phones. Like shown in the picture below, the Iphone Charger Head is detachable- revealing an Android charger below. However, while most chargers costs around $10, this one is a tad bit pricier because of it's special features (such as the flexible material to keep it from tangling and an additional protection layer to keep it from damage). But, if you're looking for a new charger, this one is the one I'd recommend because it will last for a long time. If you've ever wanted to do something heroic, purchase this charger. Your friends will definitely thank you when you're able to revive their phones (;
A few months ago, I had gone to the beach with a few of my friends. As soon as we arrived, my best friend (Monica) and I decided to take off our sandals when THE WAVE suddenly came by and quickly swept away our shoes. Thankfully, a random bystander happened to see them and was able to rescue my sandals, but Monica's shoes were gone. (We spent forever looking for them, but they were gone). Moral of the Story? Don't wear expensive shoes to the beach. Just don't take the risk get Old Navy $1 Flip Flops. **SIDE NOTE: I also found that these flip flops were perfect to use as shower shoes when dorming in college**
Here's a life hack for the beach: It can be a pain to locate your towel after swimming- especially when all your friends have the same colored beach towel. Thus, an ESSENTIAL when going to the beach would be getting a BRIGHT towel because not only are they CUTE, but CONVENIENT to find when packing up. Urban Outfitters offers many adorable options for a great price, and can definitely help you find a print that your friends won't have.


Which one was your favorite? Leave it in the comments below & based upon the feedback I'll be offering a GIVEAWAY soon. 

Disclaimer: I received some of these products for free or discount in exchange for my honest, unbiased review. These products 100% reflect my true opinion, and I have only portrayed how I truly felt about these products. Thanks for Reading :)

29 comments:

  1. That bluetooth looks so cool!! Definitely my favorite 💕 I love that it doubles as a charger!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know everyone in my family would love to have this blue tooth. Maybe for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback! There actually will be an upcoming giveaway on my blog for the speaker, so fingers crossed that you won't have to wait till Christmas :)

      Delete
  3. The Bluetooth!! i can blast my music anywhere!!!🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. That portable Bluetooth speaker looks really practical, especially for someone like me who likes to blast my hardcore Christian Rock everywhere. Also at the beach, the Bluetooth capability would be really handy so that way my music could still be playing while I go catch some gnarly waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, definitely enter the upcoming giveaway then for a chance to win the speaker- if you do, it definitely will be perfect to blast your hardcore Christian rock music :)

      Delete
  5. I have a playlist for every activity that I do especially especially when I'm in the beach. The portable bluetooth speaker for me is a must. I like that it can last for 5 hours and be a portable phone charger at the same time! Great find. xx

    www.prettyweirdbombshell.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cord is genius. My husband is an Android user and I iPhone. Now there's a device we both can use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Bluetooth sounds awesome. I like that it has surround sound. However, the cord is great - since there are different types of phones in our household. I like them both. I don't know if I can choose one other than Eeny, meeny, miny, moe....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 2 in 1 USB cable for sure! Super useful instead of my current way of dragging two cords, a wall charger, and a portable charger around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fact that the Bluetooth speaker works as a charger too! That would be incredibly handy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband and I live in Costa Rica and we never leave the house without our Bluetooth speaker!
    http://www.happycoconutstravelblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't go past the Bluetooth speaker - I love that it not only provides the tunes but doubles as a charger. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those USB chargers are so cool! I would like to purchase an on the go charger because my phone always dies mid-day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely that Speaker! always love to have music where I'm at.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow the Bluetooth speaker I never thought of that... Thank you very nice poonts......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there,
    lovely collection of beach essentials you have there. I think, now that I am moving to the beach I definitely need to up my game and get those bluetooth speakers. I also really liked the beach towels you picked. I have definitely bookmarked the first one before as well :)

    Happy summer!
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect essentials!! I want to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This made me want to go to the beach. I like swimming since it's basically similar to having no gravity in the water. :D

    The towels and chargers are of course a must. I've never thought of having a bright easy-to-spot towel before - especially since I'm blind without my glasses on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all on my beach list! really needed essentials

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with most of this list. I'm not a big fan of bringing speakers tot he beach. I always get annoyed at the people around me who do, especially if they are playing music I don't like. Where exactly do you plug in your chargers? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could totally attest to your situation as I live in a tropical country. A good pair of flip flops is what we normally wear throughout the year. HAHAHA

    Creative Lifestyle Blog >>> http://www.lookingfordawn.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love old navy 1$ flip flop sales! Buy them almost every year! And the charger is a great idea that I ought to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Always looking for bright beach towels!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The USB charger is my lifeline at the beach!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are definitely essential for any beach trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The speaker is such a good idea! I live a few blocks from the beach and often forget my essentials. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Hollyanne, I love your blog and your style. And I'm very jealous because you live where it's perfect beach weather all the time. :)
    These are all terrific essentials, and my favorite is the bluetooth speaker.

    ReplyDelete